- 8 Slices of uncured Bacon
- 1 Shallot
- 4 Garlic Cloves minced
- 10 Oz Spinach
- 7 Oz Sun dried tomatoes in oil, drained and chopped
- 3 Tbsp Fresh Basil chopped
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Pepper
- 1 ½ Lb Flank steak, pounded to ¼ inch thickness
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat and set aside. Drain most of the grease leaving a little bit in skillet.
- Saute shallots and garlic in skillet over medium heat for 3 minutes. Gradually add in spinach until wilted.
- Stir in tomatoes, basil salt pepper and chopped bacon. Zest the lemon over the mix. Cut lemon in half and squeeze half of lemon into mix. Then set aside to cool.
- Once cooled pour mix on to flattened steak. Starting with the long side, roll steak up and tie with kitchen string.
- Place rolled steak into saute pan and brown the outside evenly. Then transfer pan to oven and cook 10-20 minutes until desired doneness. Remove and cut strings before serving.
Ready in 60 minutes
Serves 6 servings
~305 calories per serving (depends on the size of steak)
This meal can be a little messy. Don’t worry about all the stuffing staying in as you can just serve the extra on top or on the side. To save on fat used sun dried tomatoes not in oil.