- 1 Medium Spaghetti Squash
- 1 Jar of your favorite Spaghetti sauce
- 1 ½ Lbs of Lean Ground Beef (92/8 or so)
- Olive Oil
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Pepper
- ¼ tsp Garlic
- ¼ tsp of Oregano
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut spaghetti squash in half lengthwise. Brush with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper and place squash flat on the sheet. Bake for 40-50 minutes or until you can insert a knife through the squash easily.
- Place ground beef into a bowl and mix with seasonings. Roll into small balls all the same size.
- Drizzle olive oil in a saute pan and place meatballs in pan. Saute until all sides are golden brown.
- Pour jar of spaghetti sauce into saute pan and cook on low heat so the sauce simmers and cooks with the meatballs. Cook for approximately 20 minutes.
- Using oven mitts, scrap out the seeds of the squash and throw away. Use a fork to scrap out all the flesh of the squash into a bowl. (Should look like noodles 🙂
- In a bowl place desired amount of squash and top with meatballs and sauce.
Ready in 60 minutes
Serves: 4 people
~302 calories per serving (depends on amount of squash and sauce used)
This is one of my favorite “classic” meals. I love to change this up using ground turkey or any other flavors i can think of. Have fun with it and use spices to create different flavors.