- 2 Ripe Plantains (yellow or even brown/black. The more rip they are the sweeter they are)
- 2 Eggs
- ¼ Cup Melted Coconut Oil
- 2 Tbsp Raw Honey
- ¼ Cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- ½ tsp Cinnamon
- ½ tsp Salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place ripe plantains in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Add in all other ingredients mixing carefully.
- Get a muffin tin and spray with non stick coconut oil spray.
- Pour mix into muffin tin dividing evenly.
- Bake for approximately 10-12 minutes or until you can insert a toothpick in the middle and it comes out clean.
- Let cool and enjoy!
This is one of my favorite desserts to make. It is simple and quick. These also cook well in mini muffin tins. Baking with protein is tricky so be sure to keep an eye on the batter. It should be pancake like and not too dry. This will depend a lot on the ripeness of the plantains so add the protein last and only a bit at a time as to not dry out the batter. If batter gets too dry add a little applesauce.
Ready in 20-25 minutes
Serves 12 people
~83 calories per serving (depends on the amount of plantains, honey servings made)
Harbor Park CrossFit has 2 facilities located in Kenosha and Racine Wisconsin.
Kenosha 3417 14th Ave Kenosha Wi, 53140
Racine 3801 Blue Rive Ave Racine, Wi 53405