Starting out this episode, we talk about what we’ve been up to during the past 3 weeks.
Although we are not stressed about actually getting sick, they are stressed about other things.
This week we spent two days working out just at home this week, because even though virtual classes has been amazing, the minute the virtual class is done it immediately becomes depressing again because it’s a big, cold, empty building.
We’ve been chatting with lots of HPCF members and we know that everyone is going through a lot of the same issues.
- No motivation
- Feeling overwhelmed
- Not sleeping well
- Not eating well
In this episode we break down what some of the concerns and other obstacles other members are dealing with, and how we can use this time as an opportunity to grow, advance and not get stuck in a rut.
It’s okay to have a bad day, but don’t let a bad day turn into a week, a month, a year.
We will get through this! Just remember, with so much out of your control, there are still a few things you CAN control.
- Sleep: choose to turn your phone off at least 30 minutes before bed time, don’t go to bed with the TV on.
- Nutrition: don’t allow yourself to go ham, it’s okay to go out to eat but choose the healthy options and try to stay away from the fried and oily foods, don’t snack as much, if you choose to eat out or drink more or eat unhealthy foods that is YOUR choice and don’t beat yourself up.
- Fitness: yard work and housework counts! We get that motivation is hard right now because your routine is switched up, moving is important so do your best to get motivated whether that is going outside or tuning into a virtual class.
- Staying off of social media
- Not watching the news if it’s stressing you out
During this time of being at home, it’s not about PRing, it’s about maintaining a habit so that when the gym opens back up you are able to come back not feeling like you can’t do any of it.
Harbor Park is offering 4 virtual classes that you can purchase and do in your home!
- 30 days of Cardio with Coach Corian
- 30 days of Mobility with Coach Dave
- 30 days of Strength training with Coach Blair
- 30 days of Gymnastics training with Coach Rachel
If you need some motivation, check out our Facebook Group!