In this episode Rachel & Corian talk about what gym life is like during the COVID-19 shutdown.
We all handle this differently, but the one thing that we need to remember is to not stress about it.
If you can’t do a workout because you’re struggling, that’s ok. If you want to just take a walk, that’s fine.
If you need to just curl up in a ball and cry for a minute – it’s OK!
There are probably a lot of us who are sad or frustrated, but they’re pushing it down and not allowing themselves to feel it because they’re seeing so many people on social media or even in their own personal lives who seem to have it “all together”. But if they would just be able to own the fact that they’re not perfect or happy all of the time, it would make this quarantine time so much easier.
IT’S OKAY TO NOT BE OKAY.
- A good thing that you can try to get the feelings out is journaling. Even if it’s just 5 minutes of mindless journaling.
- Try to find a way to really feel your feelings.
- Take your time to get into a groove.
- Life isn’t perfect, figure out a routine that works for YOU!
- Eat the ice-cream, or go on a walk, or do 2 workouts a day. Whatever works for you so you can grieve before moving on.